LEMDO (Linked Early Modern Drama Online) is a TEI encoding, editing, and anthology-building platform for Early Modern Drama. Conceived by PI Janelle Jenstad (Department of English, University of Victoria) and co-created with Martin Holmes (Programmer, Humanities Computing and Media Centre) and Joseph Takeda (MoEML and LEMDO Programmer), it will host individual editions, editorial projects, and custom anthologies of early modern plays.
All editions prepared using LEMDO tools will be Endings-compliant and ready for long-term digital preservation. LEMDO's first project partners are Digital Renaissance Editions (DRE), Internet Shakespeare Editions (ISE), and Queen's Men Editions (QME). We're honoured to be building a new platform for these important projects.
The LEMDO team is currently:
- Writing new Editorial Guidelines (in consultation with Brett Greatley-Hirsch, James Mardock, and Sarah Neville from DRE)
- Preparing Encoding Documentation
- Building a suite of editing tools to deploy inside oXygen, our preferred XML editing application
- Remediating the DRE, ISE, and QME texts
- Supporting project leaders through the transition to TEI
You can also follow technical progress and discussions at HCMC's LEMDO blog.
Contact LEMDO Director Janelle Jenstad by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at +1 250-721-7245, or Skype at janelle.jenstad.